"Spaghetti" w/Meat Sauce

Another yummy dinner tonight. I made the following meat sauce and used spaghetti squash instead of pasta. (Adam ate regular pasta and canned sauce... grrr!)

Ingredients:
1/2lb. ground beef
1, 28oz. can of diced tomatoes
1/2c. beef broth
1 med. onion
3 cloves garlic
basil, thyme, oregano
red pepper flakes
salt & pepper
1 med. spaghetti squash
olive oil

Directions:
Cook up the onions & garlic until soft, then add beef broth and let it absorb into the onions & garlic mixture a little. Add in tomatoes, cooked beef, & spices and simmer to let flavors meld. I cooked mine for over an hour b/c I started the sauce right when I got home, but this definitely isn't necessary.

For the spaghetti squash, I cut it in half, scooped out the seeds and cooked it, covered, in the microwave for 10 minutes, per Elizabeth @ Caveman Food. Then you just run a fork through the meaty part of the squash and it comes out like angel hair pasta!

For lunch today, I ate the wings that we BBQ'd yesterday & leftover cauliflower. I used the Son of Grok's BBQ sauce and just marinated the wings before throwing them on the grill.

Had an afternoon snack of one drumstick, 1/2c. grapes, and 1 tsp. of peanut butter (not paleo), and an evening snack of 4 strawberries, 1/4c. blueberries, 1 banana & 6 pecans.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 • My Paleo-ish Food Journal • Design by Dzignine