Spicy, Spicy Steak

Well, I had my first steak in seven years last night. It was delicious! I've never really been big on steak b/c growing up our steaks were always cooked "well done"... ICK! Last night, I had the hubs cook mine to medium (130 degrees) on the grill and it was perfect.

I used a basic rub of the following:

* 1 tbs. paprika
* 1 tbs. crushed black pepper
* 1 tsp. kosher salt
* 1/2 tbs. garlic powder
* 1/2 tablespoon onion salt (powder would have been better, but I didn't have any)
* 1/2 tbs. crushed coriander
* 1/2 tbs. dried dill
* 1/2 tbs. crushed red pepper flakes
* 1 tsp. cayenne red pepper
* 1 tsp. ground ginger

It was so spicy and delicious:). We both had rib-eye steaks, but Adam (the hubs) used a marinade of A-1 sauce and Worcestershire (among other things). However, A-1 has HFCS! I never knew that (not that I ate it anyways as a vegetarian).

We also had asparagus with lemon juice & salt. Seriously delicious meal!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 • My Paleo-ish Food Journal • Design by Dzignine