Tandoori Chicken w/ Roasted Cauliflower & Dill/Cilantro Yogurt Sauce

Not exactly paleo, since there is yogurt in the dish, but it needed a little something to cool down the tandoori chicken. This was really, really good. I'm not sure if it's because I haven't eaten meat in so long or if the grass-fed meat is super tasty or what, but I am really enjoying all of the meat dishes I've made so far. Adam doesn't seem as enamored with the dishes, so it might be just me:).


Tandoori Chicken (marinade from Paleofood.com):
* 1/2 cup coconut milk
* 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
* 2 Tbsp. lime juice
* 2 tsp. salt
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 tsp. ginger, minced
* 1/2 tsp. cumin seed
* 1/2 tsp. coriander
* 1/4 tsp. turmeric
* 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
* 1/4 tsp. black pepper
* 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
* pinch ground cloves
* 2 chicken breasts

Mix all ingredients making sure that all the spices are well blended.
Marinade chicken breasts in the sauce for several hours. Grill over med-high heat for 6 minutes on each side.


Yogurt Sauce:

* 1/2 c. plain yogurt
* 2 tsp. dill
* 1 tsp. cilantro

Mix together and serve over chicken.


Roasted Indian Cauliflower:

* 1 head cauliflower
* Olive oil
* Garam Masala

Cut up cauliflower into florets and drizzle with olive oil. Add desired amount of garam marsala and roast in the over at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.


I cut up the whole chicken raw this time instead of after it was cooked. I think I did a pretty good job for a novice! We used the chicken breasts for this recipe, but you could use it for any other parts or pork or fish.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 • My Paleo-ish Food Journal • Design by Dzignine