Paleo Challenge Day 2

Woke up in a great mood this morning! And I went to bed semi-early (it's actually late for me, though!) last night at 9PM, so I didn't have the evening cravings like I normally do. I think the blueberries helped with that.

Adam had a hard time with being hungry. I think he's not eating enough (especially fat). I have to say, though, I'm so proud of him for not having any beer last night despite there being a Hokie game on tv! Those kind of habits are the hardest because they are more mental than physical.

We didn't get around to taking pictures or measurements last night since we were a bit rushed in the evening with going to see my niece for her 5th birthday and the subsequent meltdown by Isabelle for being out of the house near bedtime.  I plan to do it this afternoon before we get too far into the 30 days!  Our track record would be to finally get around to it on day 15:).

Breakfast:

2 slices of bacon
2 eggs (mine over easy, Adam's scrambled)
1c. spinach cooked in bacon grease (Kate)
black coffee (Kate)
4oz. OJ/Pineapple (Adam)

Mmm... I always forget how good a creamy yolk is!  I plan to not have this same breakfast every day, but eggs and bacon are just so darn easy and good.  Maybe I'll try to do chicken and apples tomorrow.  Adam will probably do a smoothie.

Snack:
Clementine

Lunch:
1/4lb. beef patty (egg, s&p, garlic, jalapenos) w/salad (lettuce, carrot, cucumber) - vinaigrette (evoo & balsamic & dijon mustard)
1/2 avocado (Kate)
1/2 apple (Kate)

Snack:
Turkey meat, handful of roasted pecans (Kate)
Larabar, banana, chicken (2oz.) (Adam)


BINGE on dried fruit/nuts - got to get dinner started earlier.  Lesson learned!

Dinner:
Roasted chicken, broccoli


*Next trip to the grocery store must include vitamin D supplements and LEMONS!  I think Adam and I are both struggling with the plain water:).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 • My Paleo-ish Food Journal • Design by Dzignine