Roasted Butternut Squash + Dijon Vinaigrette

This is the yummiest vinaigrette and it's super simple to make. You can use any kind of vinegar (which I know isn't EXACTLY paleo, but it's only a little bit).

Dijon Vinaigrette
1 clove garlic
1/2tbs. dijon mustard
1/8c. red wine vinegar
EVOO (to the consistency you want or a little over 1/4c.)
Salt & pepper to taste


Mix mustard, garlic & vinegar, then whisk as you drizzle the olive oil in slowly. Add salt & pepper to taste.

Roasted Butternut Squash

I got this recipe from Ina Garten off Food Network. I love her recipes, but most of them are hard to transform into anything resembling paleo. As soon as I get some almond flour, I might try a few, though.

1 medium sized butternut squash, cubed
1 tbs. maple syrup
2 tbs. olive oil
Salt & pepper

Toss butternut squash cubes with olive oil, maple syrup, salt & pepper. Roast at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. I broiled mine for a little while as well.

Drain on paper towels and enjoy!

Like Ina's recipe, I added walnut halves, but I didn't toast mine and they were still delicious. Next time I have chicken breasts in the house, I'm going to add them to this.

1 comments:

{ ellie24 } at: July 13, 2010 at 9:26 AM said...

Looks tasty! I'll give it a try as soon as I get cure for nausea.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 • My Paleo-ish Food Journal • Design by Dzignine