Paleo Chicken Salad

After my horrible eating this weekend, I decided to make something paleo for dinner last night that would be good leftover as well.

Paleo Chicken Salad (with green mayo per Paleofood.com)

Ingredients:
3c. cooked chicken, diced (used organic/free-range)
1/4c. raisins
2 stalks celery
1/4 medium onion (I used yellow, but red would be better)
1/3c. chopped pecans
5tbs. paleo green mayonnaise (recipe below)
1tsp. lemon juice
1/8tsp. curry powder
salt & pepper to taste
Green leaf lettuce (or any kind of big leaf lettuce)

Directions:
I pan-fried the chicken breasts in 1tbs. coconut oil and 1tbs. olive oil, after salting & peppering. While that was cooking, I chopped up the onion & celery (finely diced) and combined them with the raisins & chopped pecans. Once chicken was done, I added that to the mixture.

In a separate bowl, I combined the paleo mayo, lemon juice, curry powder, salt & pepper. Added this to the chicken & vegetable mixture. This is good warm, but better after it has been refrigerated.

Paleo Green Mayonnaise:
Ingredients:
3/4c. parsley
1/5c. fresh basil
1 whole egg
splash of water
3/4c. olive oil
2tbs. lemon juice
ground pepper

Directions:
In a blender, combine egg, parsley, fresh basil & water until herbs are crushed. While blending, slowly drizzle in olive oil. Add lemon juice & pepper. I played around with the measurements until I got it to a consistency that I was comfortable with. The original recipe calls for 1 egg and 1 egg yolk, but I didn't want waste an egg white, so I just used water instead.


Very creamy & delicious. This won't last long, a few days in the refrigerator due to the fresh herbs, so use it fast!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 • My Paleo-ish Food Journal • Design by Dzignine