Primal Raisin Walnut Cookies

Really fiendin' for some cheat foods. My mom gave me a loaf of baked sweet bread, so now that it's in the house and I know I can't eat it, I'm having a crisis:). So I took Shelley's cookie recipe and tweaked with the ingredients slightly to add a new flavor (& remove the chocolate chips since I'm on my challenge). The batter was REALLY yummy, you should try it raw if you make these:)!



Ingredients:
1 1/4c. almond flour
1/8tsp. baking soda
few pinches of kosher salt
5tbs. butter (melted)
3tbs. maple syrup
1/4c. chopped walnuts
1/4c. raisins

Mix almond flour, salt & baking soda together. Mix butter & maple syrup (vanilla would be good here as well, just didn't have any in the house). Mix wet ingredients into dry and then fold in walnuts & raisins.

Bake at 350 degrees (F), for about 15 minutes. Keep an eye on them after 12 minutes or so.

Nutritional info (per www.thedailyplate.com):
Serving size: 2-3 cookies
Calories: 398
Carbs: 27g
Fat: 27g
Protein: 7g
*This is an estimate based on my calculations on The Daily Plate.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 • My Paleo-ish Food Journal • Design by Dzignine