Paleo Curried Cream of Broccoli Soup

Apparently I like all my soups to be the consistency of baby food:). It seems that's the only kind of soup I make anymore. This would actually be good as a chunky vegetable soup, I think. Just don't blend it and add in coconut milk & spices after cooking broccoli through.

Ingredients:
2tsp. coconut oil (or olive oil)
3c. cut broccoli (I used frozen cut broccoli (which apparently means all stems:), but florets would probably be better)
2.5c. homemade chicken stock
1 can (14 fl. oz.) coconut milk
3 carrots
2 celery stalks
1 onion
2 cloves garlic
salt & pepper
1/2tsp. curry powder
1/8tsp. cayenne pepper

Directions:
Heat coconut/olive oil over medium heat and saute onion, carrots, celery & garlic until onion is soft. Add in chicken stock and bring to a boil. Add broccoli, reduce heat, cover & simmer about 5-10 minutes (until broccoli is soft).

Blend soup to desired consistency. Return to pot and add in can of coconut milk. Heat through and add in salt, pepper, curry powder & cayenne pepper.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 • My Paleo-ish Food Journal • Design by Dzignine